The much anticipated ACR rifle from Bushmaster was recently launched after months of rumors swirling around the internet about it. One major rumor was the price point, this is one instant where I wish the rumors were true. As the going MSRP is quite higher than what the blogosphere had it at. There are a total four models of the new Bushmaster ACR which is essentially a Basic and Enhanced in two colors, Black and Coyote Brown. All models come in both 5.56mm or 6.8 SPC. All the rifles can be switched to either caliber by swapping out the bold head and barrel however.
So how much are they going for? The Basic model for either color runs $2,685 with the Enhanced going for $3,061, pretty price I know.
* 16 ½” cold hammer-forged barrel with innovative coating for extreme long life
* A2 “birdcage-type” hider to control muzzle flash
* Adjustable, two-position gas-piston-driven system, for firing suppressed or unsuppressed
* Tool-less quick-change barrel system available in 10.5″, 14.5″, 16.5″ and 18″ and in multiple calibers
* Multi-caliber bolt carrier assembly quickly and easily changes from 223/5.56mm NATO to 6.8mm Rem SPC
* Free-floating MIL-STD 1913 monolithic top rail for optic mounting
* Fully ambidextrous controls include magazine release, bolt catch and release, fire selector and non-reciprocating charging handle
* High-impact composite hand guard with heat shield – accepts rail inserts
* High-impact composite lower receiver with textured magazine well and modular grip storage
* Fixed high-impact composite A-frame stock with rubber butt pad and sling mounts
* Magpul MBUS front/rear flip sights
* Ships in oversized hard case for accessory storage, includes 30-round PMAG
The Enhanced version adds the following options to the list:
* Three sided handguard rail ( giving a quad rail setup with the monolithic top rail at 12 o’clock ).
* AAC Blackout flash hider
* 6 position folding stock. This stock is what we all think of as “THE” ACR stock.
This is how they look in “Coyote Brown”
[Source: Bushmaster ACR]