With the temperature outside dropping, now is the perfect time to pick up a Rothco men’s Special Ops tactical soft shell jacket and be ready for a cold winter, we actually snagged ours for the review over at Amazon.com. However they’re available at most retailers that carry tactical gear. After some intense review in real world usage over the span of a month and a half, the Rothco soft shell jacket had everything we looked for in a proper soft shell jacket.
Check out this awesome picture of a Sig Sauer P228 cutaway posted on Deviant Art.
Hat Tip: Kristina
AR-15 pistols are growing in popularity it seems and a lot of manufactures are starting to take notice. AR pistols can be a bit awkward to shoot at first however, one method is to push the end of the buffer tube against your shoulder and use the tube to rest your cheek. It’s my prefered way to shoot AR pistols, but it can be a bit uncomfortable with the buffer tube digging into your shoulder. Exile Machine’s rubber pistol buffer tube cap helps to alleviate this. They have them in 1.25″ and 1″ diameter and they retail at only $5. They’re fully legal and not considered a buttstock by the ATF. You can even wrap some paracord around the buffer tube to help increase comfort just like in the top image. Check out the caps over at Exilemachine.net.
[Top image source: Reddit]
According to Janes, the Palestinian militant group Hamas has started to use firearms simulators to train their members in an attempt to save ammunition. Their supply routes via tunnels between the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula have been diminished by Egypt which has caused a shortage of ammo and equipment for Hamas. They’ve fitted AK-47s, M16s and various pistols with lasers and a simulated recoil system that can be used for targets up to 20 meters away.
If you thought Jerry’s incredible 215 yard shot with a Glock 41 was bad ass, check out his 400 meter shot with an M&P 9MM pistol. Banzai!
Check out this fully functional 1911A1 1:2.5 scale model posted over on Gunnit. It’s chambered in a 3mm round with a whopping 3 joules of energy. I wonder if there’s a CCW holster available for it yet.
While shopping I stumbled upon these 80% jig stickers on Amazon. If you have an AR-15 80% lower these vinyl sticker jigs help guide you to finish the remaining 20%. They’re much cheaper than traditional jigs which sometimes cost as much as an actual 80% lower.
Not sure if these guys got the memo or not, but the zombie craze was so 2012. Anyways, the folks over at MeleeMods.com are behind these blade attachments. They start at $110 for their Gatchet model and $120 for their Tact-axe model.They are made from 1065 carbon steel and are black anodized. The Tact-Axe fits on any Picatinny rail while their Gatchet fits on most handgun rails. Only 250 of each were made. Oh and they’re not sharpened so you’ll have to sharpen them before you go slaying zombies, or dragons or whatever.
If you ever do any clay shooting then I’m sure you’ve used one of those hand held clay target throwers before. And you probably know they can be a little tricky to use. Enter the WingOne clay target thrower. The WingOne is easier to load and launch compared to other hand held launchers on the market. It’s also easier to quickly load and launch multiple clays, and you don’t get broken clays like with the cheaper plastic launchers. They’re made in the USA and retail for $34.95. Check it out in action below. Visit WingOneUSA.com for more info.
You can also purchase one a bit cheaper on Amazon.com with free shipping.
This isn’t good news for the new Glock 42 that debuted at the 2014 SHOT Show. According to the Heraldtribune.com Blog the new Glock may be experiencing barrel problems and feeding issues. They also released another article about even more issues with the Glock 42. Has anyone here had any issues with theirs?
1791 Apparel recently released their new ‘Red, White, and Boom’ shirt. Check it out over at 1791Apparel.com.